This update contains a hotfix to build 2144. New installations after build 2100 are not affected - The bug affected instances that were updated from versions prior to build 2100 on networks or fabric servers. Sorry for any inconvenience it has caused. More about the bug below.
An unfortunate typo in session to join address id correction code caused all sessions to get invalid join address id. Instead of correcting invalid ids to correct ids, it changed correct ids to incorrect ids. Any installations where the broken patch ran lost their join address data.
Symptoms of the bad patch:
- Playtime data too low or missing on player pages
- Activity index differs between player page and player list
- Join address data shows no data
Fixes in this update:
- Fixed the typo, now the patch works as intended and corrects join address ids.
- Added a second patch that attempts to recover at least some of the missing data by using latest join address in plan_user_info table for installations that ran the bad patch. This is a best-effort solution since the original data was deleted by the bad patch, so some granularity like player changing the address they have used in the past was lost.
- Playtime and activity index values should recover since the issue was caused by join address ids pointing to invalid numbers.