This build is for MC 1.12.2. Click here for 1.10.2, or here for 1.11.2
This is the first official release for Sponge API 7 (Minecraft 1.12.2). This should work on any Sponge 7.x release.
Please note that 1.1.x is no longer supported, along with Minecraft 1.10.2/1.11.2 fixes. PRs are welcome for these branches, but no official work will be done on these branches in the future.
If you’re having trouble, visit our Discord channel: https://discord.gg/A9QHG5H
Nucleus 1.1 removes a lot of old migration code that has been in the codebase since the very early days. 1.0.1 is the last version that contains this migration code, anyone updating directly from 0.x to 1.1 may not get a smooth migration.
Nucleus 1.2 has undergone a lot of changes to remove a lot of redundant code. While this should make the plugin more stable, there may be minor issues that have arisen. Nothing should break, but please keep a backup of your data before installing 1.2.
There were a lot of admins who give themselves the
nucleus permission wildcard, we were getting issues and support requests saying it was a bug that you were vanished on login. It’s not a bug, it’s a feature - the permission
nucleus.vanish.onlogin causes this. We recommend that you don’t do it, please read this for an explanation why.
If this config key was set to
false, you should now grant the players in question the
Someone mentioned that they missed putting a rocket up someones… avatar and making them jump for miles with EssentialCmds. It’s back! Plus, with the
-e flag, you can make your unsuspecting victim go up with a bang too!
You can now set a minimum radius for RTP, and set up the command to be player centred, rather than spawn centred.
Now, vanish, and you disappear from the tab list of standard players.
@Mohron added flags and permissions to the repair command to make it more versatile:
- Add repair blacklist/whitelist functionality - see the main config, under
- Add new repair messages
- Add exemption check for repair restriction
Flag permissions to start with
Now, you can run
/spawn -f to force yourself to the set spawn, even if it’s not safe.
Previous, invulnerability was in the
misc module. It is now in its own separate module as the featureset got large enough for it to be in its own module.
Those who are invulnerable through Nucleus’ mechanisms should not be targeted by mobs any longer.
On each startup, Nucleus determines the mapping of world name -> UUID. If a world doesn’t match the UUID on subsequent startups, Nucleus whitelists the server and offers the
/repairuuid command, which will correct it and shutdown the server if it can find the right methods.
This does not fix world UUIDs changing, but it alerts you and offers to fix the problem if it ever is detected.
Players with the permission
nucleus.vanish.onlogin will now log in and vanish immediately.
Now, a new way to dispose of your items! Brings up an inventory window, put your items in, close the inventory, and they are digital history!
Nucleus works best with a permission plugin and an economy plugin - it doesn’t provide these functions itself. If you don’t have these, Nucleus will warn you on startup.
Also, if Nucleus can’t take a command name, it will now warn you on startup too.
You can now copy and rename worlds using
/world clone and
You can now, thanks to advances in the Sponge API, call a virtual workbench and anvil. You can also call an enchantment table, but there is no way to set its power right now - it will be a very low power table! We hope to be able to add this to Sponge and bring this in a future update.
We’ve made a few quality of life changes to the world gen system:
- Remove a lot of the spam caused by world generation by default, replacing with a more friendly notification, timed with the general player notification frequency
- Add option to re-add spam (if you’re really into that sort of thing)
- Decoupled save interval and player notification interval
-fflag to control the tick interval for pre-gen (how often the pre-gen code runs, number of ticks between generations - defaults to Sponge default)
There has also been some cleanup of the code.
Server admins can now view at a glance info about kits by running
/kit info [kit]. Servers can also give the
/kit view command to players, which will allow them to look at a kit without redeeming it.
@Mohron has added per-world access permissions. By setting
true, server owners can prevent players from warping to certain worlds by denying the permission
Repository: ‘http://repo.drnaylor.co.uk/artifactory/list/minecraft’. Dependency (1.12.2): ‘io.github.nucleuspowered:nucleus-api:1.2.0-S7.0’
This event has changed drastically, but now returns the old and new nicknames and fires when the nickname is removed.
The AFK events now allow you to alter the messages that are displayed when someone changes their AFK status.
There are a few things to be aware of:
- We’ve kept the
Causeparameter on API methods where the API method can be called async. The Sponge CSM only works on the main thread. Read the Sponge Javadocs for API 7 for how to create causes off the main thread (look at
- If a player’s chat is caused by
sudo, note that the root cause will NOT be the
sudo’d player, but the player who caused the chat (who ran the sudo command). Check for the
EventContexts.PLAYER_SIMULATEDkey for the
GameProfileof the simulated player. Nucleus will look for this context too.
- Nucleus will add the (Nucleus)
EventContexts.SHOULD_FORMAT_CHANNELcontext when Nucleus will not format chat. Your plugins can also add this context when you send a chat message that you don’t want Nucleus to format the chat - if you want to use the ID, it’s
Developers can now inspect and change a player’s invulnerability status (often referred to as “god mode”)
Kits now contain the name of the kit, and back end changes now affect how kits should be saved. Existing integrations will still work, but note that there are a fair few deprecations. Such methods will be removed in Nucleus 2.0, when that comes to be.
- Update message reloading so that
- Updates to
/rtpto use Sponge API 7 features
- The Kits subsystem has been improved
- Added configurable
/unstuckradius and height
- Removal of the Permission Cache system, permission plugins now should be intelligently caching permissions
- Internal cleanup of inconsistent systems
- Reasons are now coloured in text that is displayed
- Added message to startup if the version of Sponge is too old
- Bumped QSML to 0.9.0
- Fix kit info showing the number of stacks for the number of commands
- Fix command spy not working in some scenarios.
- Try to support arrays in kits.
- Fix always requiring separate permissions for
- Fix world import sometimes appearing to exist, but then pointing to an existing world
- Fix players not spawning on the centre of a block when logging in with the relavent options set
ClassCastExceptionin some cases when using
- Unset the spectatee when setting a player’s location.
- Fixed /world import throwing up debug messages when they shouldn’t be thrown
- Fixed /world import attempting to modifiy the
level_sponge.datwhen it should be modifying
- Fixed isAFK checks sometimes throwing a null exception
- Fixed kits with only commands in not redeeming
- Fixed missing translation key when a world could not be loaded
- Fixed home overhang message to output the numbers the correct way around
- Updated saving/loading to be more robust
- Work around issues with
- Fixed null MOTD permission check
- Prevent stack traces on startup if the server is pinged
- Fixed nicknames ignoring style/colour permissions
- Fixed weird teleport issues when warping when riding a vehicle
- Added extra check to try to place someone a block above a solid block in rare cases
/listnot reporting the correct number of players when some are vanished
/vanishnot working without a name
- Fixed RTP doing surface teleports in worlds where the sky cannot be seen
- Add extra code to try to prevent nicknames resetting
- Fix incorrect regex for colour parsing, resulting in some colour codes not being translated
- Fix nickname colours when no prefix is used
- API 7 compatibility changes
- Kits may fail to save if your kit contains modded items that use arrays to store data. This will be addressed in a future release.
- Sometimes, an incorrect custom prefix might be selected. Nucleus uses whatever the permission plugin hands back, check your inheritance with the permissions plugin.