Maintenance is the most wonderful maintenance plugin for your Minecraft server you can find.
Its features include:
- A custom motd as well as server icon, that will be shown during maintenance
- Start- and endtimers, which will enable/disable maintenance mode after the time is up
- A ‘%TIMER%’ variable usable in the pingmessage, to show the time until a running endtimer finishes (other variables and tricks are explained in the configuration file’s comments)
- A maintenance whitelist, to grant specific players the ability to join while you’re working on your server
- Notifications when players try to join your server during maintenance
- Nearly all messages are customizable via the language file, given in a multitude of different languages
- Using ServerListPlus? Maintenance will toggle its status when enabling maintenance and reenable the SLP motd when disabling maintenance
An example of how a pingmessage during maintenance might look:
The configuration file is shown at the bottom of this post.
Learn more about the plugin (commands, permissions, configuration, and API usage) in the wiki listed below.
Found a bug? Report it on the issue tracker Other problems or questions? Click the wonderful image below!
If the wiki is one click too far away for you, you can get a sense of some features by looking into the config. Whitelisted players for maintenance and messages are in two other files, but here’s the config file:
# Enables maintenance mode. maintenance-enabled: false # The message shown in the multiplayer server list motd when maintenance is enabled. # If you put in multiple entries, one of them will be chosen randomly on every ping. # If running an endtimer, the time left can be displayed by including '%TIMER%' in a pingmessage (also works in playercount(-hover) message). pingmessages: - "&cMaintenance mode!%NEWLINE%&6We will be back soon!" # - "Other entry" # Is shown when you move your mouse above the text at the top right corner of the server in the serverlist, # where the playercount would normally be displayed. playercounthovermessage: "&cCurrently under%NEWLINE%&cmaintenance" # If set to true, the server icon will be changed to the 'maintenance-icon.png' file in the plugin's folder during maintenance. custom-maintenance-icon: false # If set to true, players with the 'maintenance.joinnotification' permission will receive a message, # that a player tried to join the server while maintenance is enabled. send-join-notification: false # Changes the language of command feedback/messages. # Currently available are: en (English), de (German), fr (French), pt (Portuguese) language: en # If using the timer command: In what intervalls before enabling/disabling maintenance there will be a broadcast. timer-broadcast-for-seconds: [1200, 900, 600, 300, 120, 60, 30, 20, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1] # If disabled, you will no longer receive any messages if there is an update. # Not recommended to disable, as new versions generally tend to run better and with less bugs. # However, you can always check for updates manually using the '/maintenance update' command. update-checks: true
By default, the plugin checks for updates on startup as well as on the first join per startup of a player with the
maintenance.admin permission. To disable these, set the
update-checks value in the config to